The Scaling for Success Webinar Series covers five key topics you need to address so you can manage your business growth in a way that works for YOU! The Kimberley & District Chamber of Commerce will be hosting live webinar sessions including lunch right here in Kimberley in partnership with the Women’s Enterprise Centre.
Join us for these webinars to develop your leadership skills, effectively manage cash and finances, negotiate new opportunities, amp up your marketing and form strategic alliances.
In each interactive session, you’ll learn practical skills and strategies that you can apply to your business, plus you’ll receive downloadable materials so you can continue your learning at home.
- Dates: October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- Location: Paper and Cup (205 Spokane Street, Kimberley)
- Times: All sessions are from 1 pm to 2 pm
- Cost (includes lunch):
- Chamber Members: $90 for the 5-session series; or choose your session(s) for $20 each
- Non-Members: $115 for the 5-session series; or choose your session(s) for $25 each
Open to everyone
1. October 2 | Financial Management
- This webinar will help you understand basic financial principles that you can apply to your business decision-making on a daily basis.
- Better manage your cash flow
- Understand the cost/profit/volume relationship
- Use info from financial statements to make better business decisions
- Calculate four key financial ratios for your business
2. October 9 | Unconscious Bias and Inclusive Leadership
- What unconscious bias is and how it shows up in our daily lives to influence our behaviour
- The importance of resisting and overcoming unconscious bias to create an environment that is innovative and productive
- How to commit to inclusive leader behaviours to create an action plan for change
3. October 16 | Negotiate Naturally: Tips for Women Entrepreneurs
- Recognize the importance of negotiating for women entrepreneurs
- Avoid common negotiation mistakes that limit your business and financial rewards
- Identify three opportunities where stronger negotiation will benefit you and your business
4. October 23 | Strategic Alliances: Business Growth Strategies
- Strategic alliances: Exploring new ways to partner up to expand the marketing and/or operational capacity in the business.
- Strategic edge: When having the best “customer service” isn’t enough, how does a business become the supplier of choice for its customers?
5. October 30 | Focused Marketing
- This practical webinar guides you through the process of building a sound marketing strategy for your business to reveal the tactics that make the most sense for your motivation, market and money.
The Kimberley & District Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors is pleased to announce the appointment of Daniel Holden as General Manager. The Board’s action comes with the fullest confidence that Holden will be an excellent steward of the Chamber’s mission and a leader and advocate for our business community.
Daniel and his family have called Kimberley home for the last two years, however Daniel is originally from Sydney, Australia where he has over 15 years of management experience in Human Resources, Business Development, and as a General Manager. He specializes in Strategic Management, Project Management, and Stakeholder Engagement. With a Bachelor of Business (Administration) Degree and a Masters in Human Resources, Daniel brings a wealth of knowledge and experience. With a background deeply rooted in Commerce, Daniel is passionate about supporting business improvement and growth, and with family ties to Kimberley, he is a clear choice to lead the Chamber to the next level of business advocacy.
Holden says of his new position, "Kimberley is proving itself to have a thriving business community. I look forward to working amongst that community to support and strengthen the vibrant commerce we have in town and the surrounding district."
Board President, Brian Sondergaard adds, “The Board is excited to have Daniel join the Chamber team, and we’re confident in his abilities to take the Chamber and its membership to the next level.”
The Kimberley and District Chamber of Commerce was founded in 1923 with the goal of furthering the interests of local businesses. Our mission is to serve as leaders in the promotion, development, growth and prosperity of business in our community.
The Chamber is incorporated under the Board of Trade Act and is composed of a volunteer board of directors, the Chamber General Manager, regional business members and community partners. To learn more about the Chamber, visit www.kimberleychamber.com or email email@example.com.