We are pleased to announce that the Get Youth Working! Program has received NEW funding and is now available in our region of BC.
This Program, funded by the Government of Canada through the Canada-British Columbia Job Fund, offers employers in our region of BC a $2,800 hiring incentive to hire eligible youth 15 to 29 years of age. Additionally, employers may request up to $1,000 to purchase training for the newly hired youth.
The Program is open to all employers and youth if they meet the following eligibility criteria
- Eligible regions: Cariboo, Kootenay, North Coast and Nechako, Northeast, Thompson-Okanagan, and Vancouver Island / Coast
- In business for a minimum of one year
- In good standing with WorkSafeBC
- Must employ new hire for a minimum of 3 months and 30 hours/week
- Employers will not qualify if employee is hired prior to signing a Get Youth Working Funding Agreement
NEW HIRE Criteria:
- Unemployed, 15 – 29 years of age
- Has not applied for EI, not currently receiving and must not have received EI within the past 36 months; or 60 months for a parental claim
- Not a full-time student or returning to school
- Is a resident of BC and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Not be participating in another Canada Job Fund program.
Check out www.getyouthworking.ca for more information and how to apply.